Online Placement Exam Instructions (WebCAPE 2.0/TrueNorth)
Before you begin:
- Do not study for the placement exam
- Make sure you have a Notre Dame email
- You will need your Notre Dame student ID number
- Each language exam can be taken only once
- Since you are taking the exam on your own, the exam must represent your own work. It is also in your interest to work to the best of your ability
Score and placement results are available immediately upon completion.
Please read the following instructions carefully and prior to starting the placement exam.
Click on exam link
Create an account
Click on the exam
Complete the Pre-exam questionnaire
Contact Professor Shauna Williams for placement questions, overrides and/or course approvals.
First Year students should also send their score report to their FY advisor.
Start Placement EXAM here