Rebecca teaches English in Paris thanks to a Fulbright Teaching Fellowship and will continue teaching in New York with Teach for America
Check out the highlights of our 2009 faculty panel: "Yes, French! Tips for Job Seekers. La vie est trop courte pour s'ennuyer." View the powerpoint, featuring photos and "where they are now?" stories of ROFR alumni, career advice, and weblinks to joblists for French speakers.
- Middlebury College French Language School – be sure to visit the Kathryn Davis Fellowships webpage
- Pi Delta Phi (National French Honor Society)
- The Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant, from the French Embassy in the U.S., offers French students with a double major the opportunity to travel to France for their academic and professional projects (deadline: April 15)
- Also see additional grants on the Study Abroad page
- Y a-t-il un interprète francophone dans la salle?
- Boren Awards and the African Languages Initiative for French
Boren Awards provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate and graduate students to study in Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. The African Languages Initiative has now expanded to French. Boren Scholars and Fellows will study French at the University of Florida in the summer and in Senegal during the fall. For a full explanation of the African Languages Initiative go to www.borenawards.org and look under announcements on the left side of the page.
Teach English in France! Every year, the French Ministry of Education and the Cultural Services at the French Embassy offer between 1,000 and 1,500 teaching assistant positions in French primary and secondary schools as well as in Instituts universitaires de formation des maîtres (IUFMs) in all regions of France and the DOM-TOMs.
Internships for French Majors (for informational purposes only)
• Educational Site of the French Embassy, with internship and grant information.
• Internships in Francophone Europe
Find jobs and internships abroad at the following web sites
(for informational purposes only)
• French Employment abroad
• International Jobs Center
• Search for Overseas Jobs
• Jobs Overseas at the Escape Artist
Fields Offering Professional Opportunities for Majors in Romance Languages and Literatures
• International Trade
• Print/Electronic Media
• Scientific Research
• Social Work
• Religious Service
• Politics & International Relations
Important Skills Acquired by Majors
• Research & Data Analysis
• Cultural Sensitivity & Social Adaptability
• Computer Literacy
• Oral & Written Presentation
• Articulate Communication
• Memorization & Organization
For more information, visit Notre Dame's Career Center >